Hello, buddies! Welcome again to Week in Evaluate, the publication the place we in a short time sum up essentially the most learn TechCrunch tales from the previous week.
Need it in your inbox each Saturday morning? Get it right here.
- GTA 6 footage leaks: Roughly 90 clips of the subsequent Grand Theft Auto recreation leaked out this week, with the uploader claiming to have hacked Rockstar Video games’ inner Slack. Rockstar confirmed the “community intrusion,” including that they’re “extraordinarily dissatisfied” to see issues leaked this fashion however that improvement will “proceed as deliberate.”
- Wipro fires 300 staff for moonlighting: India’s IT large Wipro “has fired 300 staff in latest months who have been discovered to be moonlighting for opponents,” writes Manish, with Wipro chairman Rishad Premji calling moonlighting an “act of integrity violation.”
- Revolut hacked: Banking/monetary providers startup Revolut confirmed this week that hackers have been in a position to breach particulars for a “small proportion” of its prospects. The corporate declined to get particular about precisely what number of prospects that works out to, however a breach disclosure filed with authorities within the firm’s residence nation of Lithuania suggests it’s round 50,000.
- Brelyon’s wild monitor: Need one thing extra immersive than a typical monitor however don’t desire a VR headset strapped to your face? Brelyon is attempting to reimagine the show, and so they’ve raised $15 million from a fairly spectacular roster of traders to get it completed.
- Kia and Hyundai sued over design flaw: Earlier this yr, a TikTok went viral that publicized a not-very-complicated strategy to steal sure fashions of Kia and Hyundai autos. Now a category motion lawsuit has been filed towards the automakers, with the grievance claiming the automobiles have been “intentionally” constructed with out “engine immobilizers,” which Rebecca describes as an “cheap and quite common gadget” meant to stop this situation.
- Google’s new Chromecast: Two years in the past, Google launched a 4K model of the Chromecast — the primary Chromecast to come back with a devoted distant, relatively than requiring a smartphone for all the things. They’re now bringing the identical design plus a distant to the extra reasonably priced HD (1080p) mannequin. The HD mannequin will value $30, whereas the 4K model will value $50.
- Fb customers sue Meta over iOS monitoring: “The grievance,” writes Taylor, “alleges that Meta evaded Apple’s new restrictions by monitoring customers by Fb’s in-app browser, which opens hyperlinks inside the app.”
You want podcasts? We’ve obtained podcasts! Good ones. Nice ones. Award-winning ones, even! This week:
- The Fairness crew requested, “What does breaking into enterprise capital appear to be in the present day, and the way is it altering?”
- My buddies on Discovered talked to the co-founders of Change about how/why they constructed a crypto-centric API for charitable giving.
- The Chain Response crew talked about — what else? — the latest huge adjustments to the best way Ethereum works, and the perhaps-surprising influence “the merge” had available on the market.
Most stuff on TechCrunch is free. So what’s behind the TechCrunch+ paywall? Right here’s what TC+ members have been studying most: