Summer season is on the horizon, and Coronavirus restrictions are easing, so let’s begin getting again to regular & hit the solar loungers as soon as extra! Lots of our favorite European locations have totally reopened for holidaymakers and are excited to welcome UK travellers again! Query is: what are the present guidelines when travelling and the way do you stand on the subject of journey insurance coverage?
Vaccinations, masks & testing
With so many COVID journey restrictions being relaxed and eliminated, right here’s a fast run-through of what it’s worthwhile to know when visiting among the hottest European locations for UK travellers. In fact, issues are at all times altering, so we urge you to double verify with the UK International workplace for the most recent data.
- Most European nations are asking for proof of vaccination standing or a damaging take a look at consequence and masks in medical settings (hospitals, pharmacies and clinics, and so forth.) and on public transport.
- Unvaccinated individuals might want to show their damaging COVID standing (most locations are asking for PCR exams, though some settle for fast antigen exams), however should you’ve had all of your vaccines then there’s no must take a look at or self isolate.
Greece & the Greek Islands
- Greece & the Greek Islands don’t require proof of vaccination standing or a COVID take a look at earlier than travelling, however you’ll need a masks in some areas and on public transport.
Spain, the Canary Islands, the Balearics, Turkey & Portugal
- These locations all require proof of your vaccination standing or a damaging PCR take a look at for unvaccinated travellers, and masks in hospitals, pharmacies and on public transport. Most airways are additionally asking passengers to put on masks if they will while on board, so ensure that to pack a number of!
- France requires proof of vaccination standing or a damaging PCR take a look at, however is a bit stricter with their masks mandate and can effective you for not carrying one when required until you’re exempt, so watch out to not get caught out!
Issues are opening up once more and journey is inspired – simply keep in mind to pack the sunscreen!
COVID journey recommendation is topic to vary; please at all times verify with the UK International Workplace for additional overseas journey recommendation and the most recent up-to-date data. Covid guidelines differ by vacation spot, in case your vacation spot shouldn’t be listed above, verify UK International Workplace for particulars, or the useful journey restrictions map from KAYAK.
COVID Cowl with NOW Journey
Whereas we’re all making an attempt to get again to the pre-pandemic lifestyle, it’s arduous to neglect COVID utterly. For those who’ve bought a visit booked and surprise what your journey insurance coverage covers then look no additional…
- You’ll be happy to know that cancellation as a result of COVID is accessible with NOW’s Important, Traditional and Premier cowl.
- NOW’s journey insurance policies additionally embrace emergency medical cowl as a result of COVID whilst you’re away, along with lodge/ flight preparations if it’s worthwhile to lengthen your keep and isolate.
- NOW’s Important, Traditional and Premier insurance policies all embrace cowl should you fall sick with COVID whereas away and wish to chop your journey quick and return to the UK.
- Beneath NOW’s Premier coverage you’ll even be coated in case your airline or journey supplier goes into administration because of the pandemic.
For those who require emergency help while away, our pleasant group is accessible that will help you, 24/7, on +44 (0) 203 819 7170
Coronavirus cowl is topic to ample vaccination standing or proof of medical exemption. Test your insurance coverage particulars and our Coronavirus cowl web page for additional data on what your coverage covers.
Journey Recommendation Disclaimer:
COVID journey recommendation contained inside this text is offered by the UK International Workplace and is appropriate at time of publishing. COVID journey recommendation is topic to vary; please at all times verify with the UK International Workplace for the most recent up-to-date data.