Payments is one in all Xero’s most beloved options. It helps you monitor and pay payments on time, have a transparent overview of your accounts payable, and acquire a greater understanding of your money movement.
As a part of our dedication to ‘Constructing on Stunning’ — which is about constantly upgrading our expertise to construct new options quicker, giving our platform a constant feel and look, and ensuring we maintain accessibility high of thoughts — we’re refreshing the payments expertise in Xero.
Final 12 months, we up to date the ‘import’ web page in payments. Subsequent on our listing is ‘Payments to pay’. Listed here are a number of the adjustments you’ll be able to anticipate to see on this web page within the months forward.
What’s new in payments to pay?
- The new, responsive design is in keeping with our different upgraded pages in Xero, with elevated font measurement and white area that helps our journey to assembly world accessibility requirements.
- If you happen to like, you’ll be able to use the ‘compact view’ toggle — out there within the overflow menu — to cut back the dimensions of the desk and match extra payments in your display. We launched this as a direct results of your suggestions on different upgraded pages throughout Xero.
- The search bar will now reside on the high of your payments listing moderately than behind the search button, and can dynamically replace as you kind.
- Begin and finish date filters will reside on the precise of the search bar, in addition to behind a filter button.
- You possibly can use the filter button to seek out deleted and voided gadgets, in addition to expense claims. All filters will seem on the backside of the search bar for straightforward reference.
- If you happen to swap tabs, your filters gained’t journey with you. However whenever you return to a earlier tab the unique filter will nonetheless be utilized.
- The ‘New invoice’ button will likely be inexperienced and situated on the right-hand aspect of the web page, like a lot of our different upgraded pages in Xero.
- A brand new inexperienced dropdown menu will embody key actions like ‘New repeating invoice’, ‘New credit score be aware’ and ‘Import payments’.
- Extra actions like ‘Export payments’, ‘Create invoice from e mail’, eInvoicing (Australia, NZ and Singapore), and lending (Australia and UK) will reside within the overflow menu on the right-hand aspect of the web page.
- On some tabs, particular person payments can have an overflow menu that allows you to take extra actions, like ‘Approve’, ‘Submit for approval’, ‘Delete’ and ‘Print’.
- The order of the columns inside the desk has modified, and any recordsdata previewed will show subsequent to the listing moderately than over it (you gained’t be capable to drag the file preview round anymore).
- When international forex payments are chosen within the listing, the entire quantity displayed on the high of the listing will routinely convert to your main forex.
- Once you approve payments in bulk and choose ‘view’ inside the pop-up message, you’ll be taken to a stand-alone ‘Accredited payments’ web page subsequent, moderately than the ‘Awaiting cost’ tab.
- When payments are chosen, the whole variety of payments and quantities will dynamically replace as you choose and deselect payments within the listing.
Modifications you’ll want to find out about
As soon as a invoice is marked as paid, you’ll not be capable to ship a remittance straight from inside the invoice. We’ve eliminated this function from inside the invoice because it’s not used fairly often by clients. As a substitute, we’re guiding our clients to ship the remittance from the payments to pay web page, or inside the cost transaction.
Some performance beforehand out there on the repeating tab won’t be out there right away, however will likely be reintroduced as soon as our expertise improve is full. This consists of having the ability to search and filter and preview recordsdata inside the repeating payments listing. We’ll reintroduce these options within the coming months.
We’re at all times listening
We hope this model of payments to pay makes it simpler so that you can maintain updated along with your payments, and keep on high of your money movement. We’ll proceed to enhance the payments to pay expertise and add extra performance over time, as we progress with our expertise improve and study from the opposite updates we’re making throughout Xero.
As at all times, we sit up for your suggestions, and when you want a hand with any of the adjustments we’ve launched, don’t hesitate to attain out to our group for assist. Bear in mind, you may also share any function requests in Xero Product Concepts, so our groups can get your suggestions on what you’d most wish to see in Xero.